Is Invisalign Easier to Maintain than Traditional Braces?
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that utilizes clear, removable aligner trays to straighten teeth. The process typically begins with a consultation with Dr. Bonolo. After a thorough examination, custom aligner trays are created for your unique dental needs. The treatment duration varies from patient to patient but often falls within the 12-18 month range.
Caring for Your Invisalign Aligners:
Maintaining Invisalign aligners is relatively straightforward. These aligners are removable, allowing you to take them out for meals and oral hygiene routines. To keep them in top condition, simply rinse them with lukewarm water and brush gently with a soft toothbrush. It’s recommended to clean your aligners daily to prevent plaque buildup.
Maintenance of Invisalign:
- Daily Cleaning: Rinse aligners with lukewarm water and gently brush them with a soft toothbrush and anti-bacterial soap.
- Avoid Hot Liquids: Remove aligners before drinking hot beverages.
- Storage: Store aligners in their case when not in use.
- Follow the Plan: Wear aligners as prescribed by Dr. Bonolo.
What are Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces involve the attachment of brackets to your teeth, which are then connected by wires and bands. Your Midland, TX orthodontist, Dr. Bonolo, places these braces during an initial appointment. Adjustments are necessary throughout the treatment process, and the total treatment time typically ranges from 18 to 36 months.
Caring for Your Traditional Braces:
Maintaining traditional braces requires more attention to detail. You’ll need to clean around brackets and wires regularly to prevent food particles from getting trapped. Specialized brushes and floss threaders can be helpful for thorough cleaning. Additionally, attending regular appointments for adjustments is crucial to ensure the treatment progresses effectively.
Maintenance of Traditional Braces:
- Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss after meals to prevent food particles from getting stuck.
- Regular Appointments: Attend scheduled appointments at Refined Orthodontics for adjustments.
- Dietary Awareness: Avoid sticky, hard, or chewy foods, and cut up fruits and vegetables.
- Emergency Kit: Keep wax and tweezers for minor issues.
- Mouthguard: Use a mouthguard for sports to protect braces.
- Patience: Expect discomfort after adjustments and consider using over-the-counter pain relievers if needed.
Orthodontic-Friendly Eating Habits:
Both Invisalign and traditional braces come with dietary restrictions to some extent. When wearing Invisalign aligners, you can remove them before meals, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods without restrictions. However, it’s essential to avoid hot beverages while wearing aligners, as they can warp the plastic.
With traditional braces, you’ll need to be mindful of certain foods that could damage the brackets or wires. Sticky or hard foods should be avoided, and cutting up fruits and vegetables is recommended to prevent damage.
We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
And give you the smile you deserve. Book your appointment today!
The Decision is Yours, Your Smile Transformation Starts Here!
For expert orthodontic care in Midland, TX, look no further than Refined Orthodontics. Whether you’re a teen seeking orthodontics or an adult considering traditional braces or Invisalign, we have the expertise to help you achieve the smile you deserve. Reach out to schedule a consultation today to discuss your options towards a straighter, healthier smile with Refined Orthodontics.